Wednesday, November 25, 2009

2009 LIST-OF-THANKS...

I would like to do my list-of-thanks in two parts this year:  part-narrative and part-list...

PART 1:

The theme this year has been "I do what I want"...and how THANKFUL I am to be able to follow these words...  From a trip to Russia with my best friend (first one in 17 years!)...a trip to Rome via work (how lucky I am to even HAVE work!)...a trip to Newport Beach for the 4th of July...a LONG overdue visit to my grandmother in Norway...a trip to Denmark...and now...I write from a small village in northern Thailand...  

Friends...I am TRULY blessed...

But my drive and dream actualization only account for about 30% of my thankfulness this year...I would NOT be able to enjoy ANY of my trips, if I did not know that there were people back at home that love and MISS me.  This realization was NEW this year...  I have always known that there were people that care for me...and like my company...but to know that someone REALLY DOES miss me...in feeling...not just in words...that is reason alone to be eternally thankful...

I have also made GREAT strides with my family relationship this year.  Especially with my mother...for this I am EXTREMELY thankful as this has always been an area of angst for me...  The family dynamic has become more stable...and while there will always be in-congruencies...I know that they think of me...miss me...and want to see me as often as they can...

It also brings me great pleasure to see my brother flourish.  He is a BRILLIANT young man that will go very far in life...which direction, is yet to be uncovered...but with his mind and passion - options abound.  There is ALWAYS room for progress...for everyone...I hope this does not overshadow his light...  He always tells me he loves me when we speak...i appreciate that about him...

My friends...I could get into specifics here - but I would hit a character limit and be left with pages yet that I had not touched upon...  But I will say that with every year that goes by...my friends IMPRESS me.  They impress me with how they handle situations...their OPENNESS with me that is so key to a progressive relationship and their SUPPORT no matter what I decide to pursue...

I think almost everyone is thankful for an income this year...I am no different...  But I would like to add that I am incredible thankful for the PLEASURE my job brings.  The people are UNBELIEVABLE...and ALL of them, I call my good friends...

I am extremely thankful for the constant introspection and re-calibration that is a daily part of life for me...  Thankful for my intuition...it has sharpened with work...and has been a successful guide this year...  

Thank you to all of you...YOU ARE A PART OF ME...  YOU are responsible for my growth.  If I did not feel loved, I would not have the impetus to go and soak up the wisdom of the world...

PART 2:

I am thankful for/to:
  1. Jeff and his girlfriend for watching Sasha for me whenever I'm away - not only do they do this out of the goodness of their heart...but Sasha absolutely LOVES them...
  2. My Platinum status with AA because I get miles a lot faster  :)
  3. My health.
  4. My home.
  5. My love for beautiful things.
  6. My understanding and acceptance of a very wide variety of people.
  7. The opportunities presented to me and ALWAYS HAVING A CHOICE whether to pursue them or not...FREE WILL
  8. Being able to give love freely...
  9. My motherly side...the caretaker...I like that about myself.
  10. My passion that drives me to start and pursue many things....but not always finish them...  :)
  11. Being an American citizen that (as of right now) allows me to travel where ever I like...
  12. The story of my past...the story of my family's past...
  13. Having met...friended...and dated some of the most AMAZING people on the planet...
  14. Being able to be "attractive" when I want to be attractive...
  15. My BlackBerry!  My laptop!
  16. My way with words...it comes and goes...but when it's there...it's amazing...
  17. My thoughtful nature...I think constantly about those that I love...buying them things...writing...
  18. For Jane and Mae...my host student and her grandmother...I have never experienced such level of care from someone...
  19. For having a palette that LOVES all food (this is also a curse...)
  20. For being able to see...and be mesmerized by the beauty in ALL things...  The sun...the trees...
I could go on...there is much on my list...  But overall...I am thankful to be living my DREAM...  

Sure...I want some things that I do not have...but maybe if I had those things, I would not be able to pursue some of my other loves...?  Maybe I need to make a few more check-marks on the list before I receive the other things that i desire...

Time will tell...until then...

One piece of advice to all:       Friends...don't censor yourselves...  If you feel something and want to share it...DO IT.  Don't pollute your mind with the 'What If...' virus...

Thank you for giving...

Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment