Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bangkok is my kinda town...

Perfect weekend...sun...great food...best food I've ever had....fresh simple...

Friday night: dinner...some Singhas...sleep...perfect!

Saturday: great run at the park...manicure/pedicure (best pedicure of my life...also the longest and most painful as there is now a chunk missing from my toe...). $5 haircut...not as perfect as my $90...but the value is undenyable!

Then an amazing Americano (with a cup of sugar I'm sure) and a trip to the weekend market to buy some gifts...bought something for a friend and bought another skirt to teach in (awfully ugly...but only skirt that went below my knees...and on an elastic band! Bring on the rice baby!) Paid a baht to weigh myself. 75kg. The same from two weeks ago...huuray! Means working off the yummy lifestyle! If I can keep that up for a month...the last 5 kilos will be history when I reestablish my chicago routine...

Shopping trip was topped off with a few Chang beers at the local mom/pop food joint...great convo...

Then back to the room for shower/down time and off to din! Pictures posted from dinner. Amazing! Kind of like korean bbq but with better food! Amazing seafood grilled! The chicken was to die for! (Mom: you would have loved the seafood!). You just go get as many crabs, prawns and scallops you want and put them on the grill! Pic of Brian confused what to eat first!

Classic "in room" before 10 pm that is so much my style...getting old :)

Watched a few documentaries...will post links as soon as I can... Thought of dad...he would eat these up!

One was on the Baxter 72kg swine flu 'vaccine' event (amazing to read about this) and HIGHLY recommend watching after I post link...

Second was a bit absolutist in propoganda...but contained some interesting soundbits...well edited..."fall of the republic" I believe...

Perfect Bangkok morning...I'm hanging on the balcony...no running today...day off...these legs need a break! (Plus the chunk out of my leg is a bit of a deterent...)

Taking the bus back to the village today...prob. early afternoon...as to agenda for the AM? Americano...and a walk?

Back to teaching tomorrow...

Big hello to Joel that's staying at my place for two weeks...hope you have a great visit!

NOTE: amazing "sour patch kids" type candy in pic from australia... Mmmm!

Hope all my loved ones had nice weekend...I hear the weather was beautiful...it would have made me happy to see that...

Endless love...embrace love folks! It never runs out! Touch people more! Love them more!

XO

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment